Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rest is good for the blooood...


I got my first offer of a paying stage management gig tonight for a local production of Dracula. How cool is that? I've only done it as a hobby so far. I may have to turn it down as there are matinee performances that would conflict with my day job if I can't get the time off. We're smack dab in the middle of contract negotiations at work right now, so if things at work aren't clued up by then, I can kiss a cool thousand bucks good-bye. Still, it's nice for a change to have been asked. And you know what they say about a change...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I sure hope it works out you get to do this! Keep us informed :)

October 22, 2005 at 10:28 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Oh, I got to do it and it was a nightmare. There was no technical rehearsal, no cue-to-cue rehearsal and the dress ran until almost 2 am. The stage wasn't dressed completely until the fifth show. The lights were ordered too late to get the kind needed to work with the set design, so the curtain had to be drawn and furniture moved on then off again a dozen times. There weren't enough headsets available and the director wouldn't take the time to review the cue sheets, then decided to run the music himself off headset and changed up the music every night without warning, so the actors were never certain if that was their cue to enter/exit or not. A. Nightmare.

January 28, 2012 at 1:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home