Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's fun to stay at the YYYYYYY MCA!



So. Finish my workout. Head for the locker room. It's in complete blackness. There are two electricians installing a new ceiling fixture. Fine. The locker room is big enough that I can get changed without compromising my modesty. *ahem!*

Except for one small detail. I can't get to the clothes I need to change into because it's too dark to see the combination lock on my locker. And it's a dome-shaped thingy, no point on the spin dial like I had in high school to tell what number it's at. I have a mini Maglight on my key chain. Which is in my purse. Which is in my locker. What to do?

Use the light from my Timex Indiglo watch to see the lock. I'm genius, I am.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you can't see in the dark?

What's up doc?

November 11, 2006 at 6:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulatiuons...I see the techno-ultramaroon'ishness wasn't terminal and your recovering ;)...what a nifty idea...PS: Eat more carrots.

November 11, 2006 at 7:30 p.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

Yer MacGuyver!

November 11, 2006 at 9:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you'd be walking around with one of those head torches strapped on anway - it must be damned dark up there by now!

November 12, 2006 at 3:20 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

More carrots. Right. Off to the root cellar I go. Kidding. We have that brand spankin' new EEElectricity hereabouts.

A MacGuyver with a heavy overlay of ultramaroon, mayhap.

Damned dark? "Up here?" Only in the night time, same as you. The sun sets around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. this time of year. The latitude of London, England is actually 4 degrees further north than St. John's. So if you're north of London, you're even closer to the Arctic circle than me!

November 12, 2006 at 6:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be me then. I am much closer to the pole than you, Dawn. In fact, that pole with the HHH knockers came screeching down the road again last night.

And just after it'd been resurfaced too... it'll be another twenty years before they fill those potholes in again.

November 13, 2006 at 7:44 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

As someone who once used a cellphone display to illuminate the emergency phone at work, during a power outage, I can certainly relate.

The cell phone didn't have any reception inside the building, before anyone asks.

November 14, 2006 at 11:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home