Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The calm before the storm

And there's a lull in the madness.

The play ran last weekend and went well. One more performance at the provincial drama festival and that's that puppy put to bed, good and proper. Two weeks from today I leave for a 10 hour drive across the island to the venue.

Singing two performances with the choir this weekend.

Got a first draft of a theatre program to the publicist early this morning. Only about 12 hours late...

What would have been a very busy period in my life got totally insane because I had a work colleague retire and she's not being replaced. The reassignment of duties has made life challenging indeed. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have passed on stage managing the show.

Still they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Wrath of Dawn. Attack badgers launched, small bets placed and pianos moved.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Bloody Blogger - my chance to be firstestest and it says "your request could not be process. Please try again."

Stupid thing, must think it's Haloscan or something.

March 29, 2007 at 2:24 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

"...ed", that is. "Processed."

So infuriated I could barely type, apparently.

P.S. SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!

"wogsddn" - ancient Norse God of being second

March 29, 2007 at 2:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning a wedding, so I think I know how you feel... *sigh* Can't I just be married without the whole wedding thing (and not be disowned by my mother & mother-in-law)? No?

March 29, 2007 at 11:32 a.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

Oooh, sounds like Corner Brook!!!! Can you stand the excitement?

BTW, why is "Corner Brook" two words? I mean, "Cornerbrook" sounds like a place name, but the way it's spelled it sounds like the brook is trapped in some corner and will never flow anywhere. Hey! I guess it's appropriate after all.

March 30, 2007 at 6:35 p.m.  
Blogger Quartz said...

You sing?! Tres cool.

March 30, 2007 at 7:28 p.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

marianne was singing last weekend. there are a lot of singing bloggers, it appears. not the duck though - he just quacks on and on about poo.

April 1, 2007 at 4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

I sing... just nobody would ever want to hear it.

*bellows "Sunshine Of Your Love" off-key

"gtxvfall" - the sound a Great Expensive TV makes when it falls over

April 2, 2007 at 10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home