Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mr. Wing and I are of a mind

"I don't get piercings.
My generation didn't pierce much.
We had to make due with the holes God gave us.
There are nine of them.
I counted.
Most of them are rather disgusting.
So it never occured to me to ask someone to put more holes in my body.
From which to hang a shiny bauble.
To catch the light... "
~John Wing
Festival of Funny
CBC Radio 1
He waxed equally hilariously on tattos and their placement and the likely actual meaning of "Chinese" symbols...
"It means, peace and love and harmony."
"Sure it does. But are you sure? It might mean 'wide load'."
He also did an entertaining bit about low-rise jeans.
"I have a leaky pipe in my house. Could you come on Monday? Oh... sorry... I saw a flash of crack and thought you were a plumber..."
Of course, he said much more than that, but that's all I can remember. Cut me some slack. I'm old and have a bad memory.
After all,
I only have ear piercings...
[Speaking of holes and spaces, anyone else having problems with the line spacing in Blugger? This isn't how I'd have this post look, but I'm tired of messing around with enter and shift+enter.]




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool earrings :-)

July 15, 2007 at 5:50 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Aren't they?

*trundles off, singing BMS song*

July 15, 2007 at 9:54 a.m.  
Blogger DCveR said...

My tats are as far as I go... and no Chinese symbols in my body.

July 17, 2007 at 7:31 p.m.  
Blogger Honey said...

"We had to make due with the holes God gave us." well yes I agree, no piercings or tatoos here. I don't mind them on others I just never wanted to make any extra holes in me..
thanks for visiting my blog, I've been enjoying reading yours.

July 28, 2007 at 4:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home