Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gie’s a dram or I’ll dae ye






To the best of my knowlege, I am not of Scottish heritage. However, I did spent several years playing side drum in a pipe band during my high school years, which had a predictably disastrous effect on my psyche. So, you can imagine my delight when I visited Misty's site today and saw a link to ... HAGGIS HUNT 2005/06! It warmed the cockles of my non-Scottish but thoroughly plaid-imprinted little, black heart.

The site is a cornucopia of haggis wonders, from myths and facts, zoology and hunting tips, to drink recipes, including the world famous and ever popular Sloe comfortable haggis against the wall.

The hunt is on from 30 November until 25 January. So fire up your meuran and run in circles on down to the Haggis Hunt website and bag you some marag fabulosus. There are real prizes to be won beginning with the grand prize: two nights of luxury at the world famous Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire on down to lovely HaggisHunt merchandise, with lots of *hic!* whiskey in between.

Let the hunt begin!

4 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

My great-great-grandmother was hald scottish and half indian... So... And I've already got one cute little haggis. Won't eat it. Keep it for miself. YEP. And a bee of wisky. Weeeeeeheeeeeeeee!

December 1, 2005 at 12:47 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

I forgot to mention, Haggis Hunting is highly addictive! I spsent hours out there last year and didn't win as much as a calendar, so I'm really going for it this time! :)

December 2, 2005 at 6:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you can buy "wee Jimmy the Haggis" at any number of totally crap souvenir shops in Scotland. I got one for my dad. He's very cute and almost, but not quite entirely, unlike a haggis.

Not so sure about the cyber-platypus at the right of your picture though. Verrrry puzzling.

December 2, 2005 at 2:48 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes, I saw Wee Jimmy-like thingies when I was in Scotland as well.

I, too, was puzzled by the platypus-like appearance of the haggii, but since it's from the HaggisHunt site, I figured who am I to question? A mere Canuck who's only eaten haggis twice?

December 2, 2005 at 7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home