Friday, April 06, 2007

Slowing down

Okay, things have slowed down a bit again, for a while, (read 5 days) and now I don't know what to say here. It's funny how you get into the habit of blogging... or out of it. The last few months have been hell. Of a scheduling kind only, thank Heaven, nothing bad has happened but I have just feel so beleaguered and stretched to the breaking point, time-wise, that every time someone has asked me to do anything (even if it's reasonable) I feel like screaming, "WHEN???? WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS??? WHENNNNNNN???????"
Like if it's garbage day and I have to take those big, green bags ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF MY 1-1/2 CAR LENGTHS LONG DRIVEWAY. I'm sorry, people, but that's more than I can handle right now. I'm barely able to wrap my brain around the idea of being responsible for my own blinking right now.
And every time I miss a deadline or forget to email someone in time (which would also be missing a deadline. Of sorts.) I want to scream, "I TOLD you I'd forget!!!! Why did you leave this up to meeeeeeeee!!!??? WHYYYYYYYYYY?????????"
And then my head spins round and people look at me funny.
I think I need a vacation...
After next Sunday, all of my extracurricular events will be concluded until mid-May. I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing duing that time, which will free me up to blog. About... well... um... possibly nothing. So, status quo, then.
Oh. And this. HaloScan has dumped me and now I can't comment on any blogs that use it. Grrrrr...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you have kept your humour about you, GF. I didn't say, wits, mind you but humour is usually the last to go, thankfully.

I've learned from overextending myself and it can really make you crazy (one year I had to go into hiding underground for about a year - it felt like it was the next step away from depression).

Anyway, May is almost here and do only what you can do - and get the daughter to haul your garbage (I think I remember reading you have DD).

April 8, 2007 at 7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Yes. Yes, Dawna (and Dawn). Thank goodness April is here. January, February and March were pretty killer over here, too.

Also: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... bloody Haloscan!!!

April 9, 2007 at 11:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home