Thursday, November 29, 2007

SPLEEP. I R IT.


So... we're back. Just. I dragged myself to work on Monday, despite being unable to move normally due to the horribly stiff back from unloading set pieces from a truck on Sunday. Was in zombie mode most of the day. Had a nap after work and went to bed rather later than I should have, even taking the nap into consideration.

The alarm woke me Tuesday morning. And ... I. COULD. NOT. GET.OUT.OF.BED. Called work. Said I'd take a 1/2 sick day. Be in at noon. At noon, the alarm work me. And ... I. COULD. NOT. GET.OUT.OF.BED. Called work. Said put me down for a full sick day. At 6 p.m. I woke again. Dragged myself out of bed. Managed to stay up until 8 p.m. when being upright no longer seemed feasible. Went back to bed, put on a movie, saw the first 15 minutes and was woken up by the end credits music. Got up for another hour or so. Went back to bed and slept solidly until the alarm went off at 7:00 a.m.

That's about 26 hours of sleep between midnight on Monday and 7 a.m. on Wednesday. And now feel human again. Who says you can't catch up on your sleep?

4 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

Sleep is a beautiful thing. I put in a 15 hour marathon the other night..just what I needed.

November 30, 2007 at 2:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserved that sleep! Your life is so darned hectic this time of year...

November 30, 2007 at 4:10 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

That is some impressive sleeping, I must say.

December 2, 2007 at 1:39 p.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Slept until lunchtime yesterday. Then realised what triggered it off: Pirates of the Caribbean III.

One word review: tedious

December 3, 2007 at 9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home