Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Finishey-Sentencey Meeeeeem

Found at Little Red Boat

1. My uncle once: drowned on his way to work. But just the once.
2. Never in my life: have I felt as alone as I do right now.
3. When I was five: I was very excited about starting school. Then I met my teacher. Who hated little kids. Of which I was one.
4. High school was: a somewhat progressive school that was only about 5 years old. 1,200 students. I still keep in touch with 2 of them.
5. I will never forget: The Alamo. No, wait. I’m not American. Hang on. I knew it just a second ago. Dang. Can I get back to you on this one?
6. Once I met: Ricardipus! He is a very, very, very nice man.
7. There’s this girl I know: who could probably finish this one, but I’m stumped.
8. Once, at a bar: I realized I’d been at the bar longer than I’d been at work that day.
9. By noon, I’m usually:. just about finished topping up my caffeine levels.
10. Last night: my daughter got to see a musician she has admired for years.
11. If only I had: stayed at home that night in May 1980.
12. Next time I go to church: you’ll hear the lightening striking, trust me.
13. What worries me most: I’ll spend the rest of my life alone.
14. When I turn my head left I see: Poor, dear Abby, who is wearing an Elizabethan collar so she can’t lick the tumour on her leg. X-rays on Monday to find out if the cancer has spread to her lungs. If not, they remove the leg tumour and she gets a few more years. If it has… we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
15. When I turn my head right I see: That frackin’ cat bed that none of the cats will sleep in. It’s all soft and round and fleece-lined and looks really comfortable. Stoopid felines.
16. You know I’m lying when: My mouth is moving. Kidding. I do my best not to need to lie.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: Absolutely frickin’ nothin’.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Hamlet. Losin’ my mind at light speed.
19. By this time next year: I hope everything has finished breaking down, wearing out, getting sick and falling apart.
20. A better name for me would be: Murphy. As in he of the law.
21. I have a hard time understanding: Mean people.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: Be rather older than the average student.
23. You know I like you if: I tease you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: Whoever was responsible for nominating me, helping me, whatever applies.
25. Take my advice, never: put water in a Habitant soup.
26. My ideal breakfast is: Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. Oh, YEAH!
27. A song I love but do not have is: Oh, probably hundreds, but I can't think of one specifically.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: See the Reversing Falls, which are really reversing rapids. The bay that the river empties into has the highest tides in the world (supposedly) and at high tide the level of the bay is higher than the level of the river so that the water begins to flow upstream so that the water runs over the rapids the other way. And yeah, it’s rapids. I mean, who would believe that falls can reverse? That’s just insane. What? I don’t know. Don’t blame me. I didn’t name them.
29. Why won’t people: Stop gossiping and get a life already?
30. If you spend a night at my house: You’d better be able to sleep through dog snoring.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: A glimpse into the future. Just think of all the legal fees I could have saved.
32. The world could do without: Nuclear weapons.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Fly in the space shuttle.
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Robert Redford. That guy in the latest Batman movie. But to be honest, I prefer brunettes.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: flounders. But only just.
36. If I do anything well it’s: procrastinate. I am the Grand Poobah of Procrastination.
37. I can’t help but: read. And there must be music.
38. I usually cry: Very, very, very rarely.
39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: Never let the possibility of failure stop you from trying.
40. And by the way: Your fly is down.

Feel free to consider yourself tagged. Or not. Whatever.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

2 & 13 made me do sad eyes

August 14, 2008 at 9:23 a.m.  
Blogger Mongoose said...

Yeah, I'm sorry you're feeling 2 and 13 too. :(

August 14, 2008 at 11:02 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Well, that's a nice change from mad eyes.

Mongoose? Is that you, Hawkowl?

August 14, 2008 at 11:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 and 13 are a bummer, there is a lot of it about.
I hope Abby pulls through, and thanks for number 40.

August 15, 2008 at 10:30 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes. Yes, there is. We're all alone in this together. Or something.

Thanks for the kind wishes for Abby. She's a dear pup.

No need to thank me. It's just one of the many services we offer here at Wrath World Headquarters.

August 15, 2008 at 2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Rik said...

My fly isn't down. It's just caught.

August 15, 2008 at 7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Mongoose said...

Yep, it's me. The masked blogger strikes again! LOL

August 16, 2008 at 1:31 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Oh, Rik.

Yay! It's the return of the masked blogger. Those are some adventures you're having driving cab. Bleurgh.

August 16, 2008 at 9:48 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

*hugs*

And I know how you feel about #13, too.

And more hugs to darling Abby from me. I'll keep everything crossed and light a candle for her, and you too.

*hugs again*

August 18, 2008 at 12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home