Saturday, July 12, 2008

What a mug

My favourite mug. I love my mug. I love the shape of the handle. Fits my hand just right. The glaze is nice and smooth and it was Made in England, so theoretically, I don't have to worry about any sub-standard dyes and such having been used.




And look. On the back. My 3rd wedding anniversay. Aw. Bless.













But what's this? On the front? GAH!!!



Randy Andy and Sarah the So Awkward Are You SURE She Was Raised Upper Class? I thought they got lessons or summat.

I don't even know how I got this mug. I certainly didn't buy it. I don't remember anyone giving it to me (my face would still be sore from the forced smile) but there it sits in my cupboard.

But I suppose it's only fitting that, on occasion, I enjoy my coffee from a mug with a picture of another divorced couple who got married on the same date. Speaking of which, it occurred to me the other day that this year would have been our silver. 25. TWENTY-FIVE. Two score, two brace and a single. But happily, I got time off for good behaviour and instead of having to smile nicely whilst being given silver-coloured dust collectors, I will be celebrating my 13th unniversary*, or what I like to call Liberation Day.

Sometimes, things just go your way, don't they?


* Mir

9 Comments:

Blogger #Debi said...

I was married about 5 weeks after you were, but I'm coming up on my 22nd unniversary...

July 13, 2008 at 10:56 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I was married on July 23, 1983... I know my math isn't very good, but 2008 taken away 1983 equal to 25?

Perhaps you were married 5 weeks after July 23, 1986, which is what's on the mug.

Or maybe I'm even worse at math than I suspected...

July 13, 2008 at 4:05 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

"... but 2008 taken away 1983 equal to 25?"

Apparently, putting together with the words, I'm not so good either.

July 13, 2008 at 4:06 p.m.  
Blogger #Debi said...

You are correct in your math. I had 3 ANniversaries, and 22 UNniversaries...either my ex was harder to live with than yours, or you tried harder... :)

July 14, 2008 at 9:11 a.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

You are SUCH a Monarchist.

July 14, 2008 at 10:52 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

@ #debi - Ah! Now I get it! *duh* You're just smarter than me.

@ jkirlin - I am NOT! Off with your head! Oh...

July 14, 2008 at 11:08 a.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

I recently noticed that I met my Ex 20 years ago this year. I asked him if he would fill out my tax forms for me last night which he kindly did (I said 'kindly' referring to my Ex??) and he's greyer and his eye sight is probably getting as bad as mine.

Still good-looking and anal though.

July 15, 2008 at 9:16 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Gah! You have that good a relationship with your ex? That ain't natural.

July 15, 2008 at 2:29 p.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

It's maths.

Maths

Oh, you colonials.

July 16, 2008 at 3:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home