Sunday, July 19, 2009

I've just seen a face

I weirded out a fellow blogger yesterday evening.

She's a local who now lives in the US and is fairly well known in the blogging world. I knew she was in the province because she's been blogging about it, but never expected to run into her. As I stood up to leave a theatre, I looked to my left and there she was, seated three seats over. It took me a second to put a name to the face (thank you menopause, you brain-stealing bitch), but I recognized instantly that I'd seen that face somewhere before. When I could recall the name, I leaned over and said, "Excuse me. Aren't you Blogger-who-shall-remain-nameless?" She said yes and so I told her how I'd recognized her and said, "Great blog!" She looked decidedly uncomfortable, so I mumbled something I hoped sounded like a graceful exit and exited, stage left.

Now I'm left wondering if I should have just kept my mouth shut. I'm sure she was wondering just how big of a nutcase I was and whether or not she should brace herself to run.

What think you, fine denizens of the interwebs? WWTID*? Should you say hi to fellow bloggers IRL?



*what would TEH INTERWEBS do?



13 Comments:

Blogger jkirlin said...

Pay her no mind. Bloggers are weirdos with no social skills. It's a burden we all carry. :)

July 19, 2009 at 5:39 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

i agree with jkirlin...you may even have made her miserable day!!

July 19, 2009 at 6:03 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Nah - you were polite and unstalker-ish. :)

July 20, 2009 at 8:29 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

It's a good thing I didn't say what I first thought, which was, "You're even prettier in person than in your pictures!"

Thus proving that there are still SOME brain functions not lost for all time.

July 20, 2009 at 1:22 p.m.  
Blogger #Debi said...

Some people just don't know how to handle teh stardom...

July 20, 2009 at 9:17 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

But Pseudonymph, the mysterious blogger doesn't know about the candlelit shrine. Once they know that, it's straight to the ineffectual restraining order.

July 21, 2009 at 8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

I think the right thing to do would have been to secretly take her photo, then post it on your blog with a bit "w00t!!!! Look who I saw!!!!!" type post.

Or maybe not.

July 21, 2009 at 12:11 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda Huggenkiss said...

You can find out what she really thought when she writes about you in her blog.

July 22, 2009 at 8:52 a.m.  
Blogger Mr Farty said...

So...what did she say about you?

July 25, 2009 at 8:50 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Nothing yet.

But no restraining order, either, so that's good.

July 26, 2009 at 2:26 a.m.  
Blogger Debster said...

Nah, you should have sidled up behind her and said, I know where you live (your name here), and sidled off again.

July 26, 2009 at 8:29 a.m.  
Blogger Gramps said...

Ooh, Debter's evil.

August 7, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.  
Blogger Debster said...

Yup thats me

August 16, 2009 at 8:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home