Thursday, June 04, 2009

And sometimes, you win one...

In a dramatic turnaround from the way I feel I was treated by a certain individual for the last couple of months (not work related), I was at an awards banquet tonight at which a couple of co-workers won awards. (I do not qualify , as I am not a member of their professional organization.) When one of them was accepting his award, he thanked me and called me the backbone of the department. "Without her, not much would get done." At which my supervisor turned to me and said, "It's true!" A lovely exaggeration, but how nice to be publicly praised.

7 Comments:

Anonymous m.e. said...

How nice, indeed. Congratulations!

June 5, 2009 at 4:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Erin said...

Was there any ever doubt?! Congrats - it's still nice to be acknowledged, isn't it? :)

June 5, 2009 at 8:29 a.m.  
Blogger #Debi said...

People generally do not say that sort of thing unsolicited unless they mean it. I'm guessing it's not that much of an exaggeration...

June 5, 2009 at 8:46 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Good on you. Nice work.

June 5, 2009 at 9:48 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Thanks, all! It sure is nice to hear that kind of thing.

June 5, 2009 at 11:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Audrey said...

You deserve a pat on the backbone.

June 8, 2009 at 5:52 a.m.  
Blogger Have the T-shirt said...

It IS nice to be recognized! Congrats!

June 9, 2009 at 9:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home