Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! (CDN)

I have murdered a turkey in the time-honoured tradition.

Okay, I have purchased a pre-murdered turkey and am now committing indignities to the poor, not-so-wee, ded to deth creature.

For a scintilating account of how the Canadian Thanksgiving originated (43 years prior to the US), go to Yahoo! Canada News. I'd copy and paste it here for you, but there seems to be some sort of computer voodoo preventing this.

UPDATE As well as roasting a pre-murdered turkey in honour of intrepid explorer Martin Frobisher, I am also attempting to bake Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread in the very same oven at the very same time. It will either be brilliant or an unmitigated disaster. Also, I left it too late to look for canned pumpkin purée and had to resort to buying an actual pumpkin, chopping it up, baking it and puréeing it in the food processor.

I could SO survive in the wild.




5 Comments:

Blogger edt said...

Happy Thanks giving...elaborate "wild" you have? mains electricity and food processors behind every tree ;)

October 10, 2010 at 6:58 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I'd *so* want to be on your team in Survivor. =D

October 11, 2010 at 9:27 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Y'know, edt, just the basics.

I'm counting on it, Gnomie!

October 11, 2010 at 11:01 p.m.  
Blogger edt said...

WELL??... how did the turkey and the baked pumpkin bread go in the same oven?

October 11, 2010 at 11:09 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Spectacular! I took some of the bread into work today and everyone raved about it. And the turkey actually wasn't too dry. I may have discovered a new way to roast and bake...

October 12, 2010 at 11:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home