Monday, March 20, 2006

Wanna see my vacation photos?


Now that Blogger is playing nice again, I can post some of the pics I took over the last week.

This painting is one I have always admired and wanted to photograph but haven't because it is on the wall of a building in the downtown area that I don't usually visit on foot during my regular travels. It's quite large. I would guess at least 20 feet across but I am measurement challenged, so maybe not. So you'll have to accept that it's really, really big.




If you look closely, you can just make out the words "Sheila's Brush" in the upper left-hand corner. Sheila's Brush is the local name for the last snow storm of winter (we hope) usually around St. Patricks day. The snow is a result of Sheila's sweeping. Legend has it that Sheila was St. Patrick's wife, sister or mother.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

That's so beautiful...I've never heard that legend before though.

March 20, 2006 at 3:21 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

Welcome back! :) I know I should have said that in the last post's stuff, but I've been hectic and I also wanted to say nice photo, and I think that that legend may have slightly older roots but I'm not sure.
Sorry. Tired & waffling. And also trying to think of a haiku at bedtime. Gah!

March 20, 2006 at 6:53 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I'm guessing it originated in Ireland, or wherever the legend of St. Patrick originated. It was news to me when I moved here, though, even though my hometown has a strong Irish background.

March 20, 2006 at 7:30 p.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

ooo that's pretty!

and oh my, you won't believe what the word verification is for today...

March 22, 2006 at 9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home