Tuesday, June 27, 2006

All Google-y eyed



















'Tis a funny thing, this blogging world. Two years ago, I'd never heard of a blog. Had you asked, I would have thought it sounded like something you should see a doctor about. Something that should have ended with "ectomy."

And it's all Google's fault that I'm here. I found the first blog purely by accident. I don't even remember what I Googled or why, but one of the hits led me to a blog written by a mother in the US and from the first I was hooked. I followed a link from that blog to another young mother in Toronto and from there across the Atlantic. At first, I just lurked and occasionally commented. Slowly, I built up relationships with other commenters and the bloggers in whose comments boxes we'd met, until now I feel as if I have friends all over the world, some of whom have evolved from blog friends to email and/or IM friends. Although I've yet to actually meet any of them, their friendship and support adds an element to my life that I could not have imagined when I first ventured out into the big, old world of the internet.

I was encouraged to start this blog and dragged my heels, doubting anything I would write could possibly be of interest to anyone but me. But I bit the bullet and here I still am nine months later. Sometimes it's silly and sometimes it's serious and I am still always amazed and touched when anyone takes the time to read it and still more when they comment. But enough serious crap.

Now that you know how I got here, here's how some of you have arrived. And all I can say is, some of you need help.

  • 'photo sexy de dawn april' (yes, this would obviously lead you to me [insert extreme eye rolling here])
  • 'stacey's country jamboree'
  • 'anacin commercial canada'
  • 'wrath emoticon'
  • 'nobody likes me everybody hates me' (why are so many people Googling this?) and just plan 'everbody hates me'
  • 'quidi vida' and 'quidi vidi Latin'
  • 'cat killed with car is bad omen' (especially for the cat) and 'cat omens'
  • 'norks' - from UK MSN
  • 'notify-blogger sea-sick june-2006' - from Greek Google (but why would you need to notify Blogger that you're sea sick?)
  • wolfgangerl

11 Comments:

Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

"Norks" - hey, don't look at me - I don't use msn.

June 27, 2006 at 5:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Norks" - me neither. Now Google on the other hand...

June 27, 2006 at 8:13 a.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

At least you don't get referals from searches such as 'Misty Cream Pie' and 'Misty Ash Pokemon Sex'

*sigh*

June 27, 2006 at 9:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...proving, once again, that Google is actually a heap of arse that doesn't know what it's on about.

June 27, 2006 at 11:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT MY 'NORKS' SEARCH STRATEGY WORKED.

June 27, 2006 at 11:45 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Methinks thou doth protest too loudly.

Dr. Hawking, as usual, tells it like it is.

Misty - Will keep tabs and let you know if it gets that manky.

June 27, 2006 at 1:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I did not find you through Google... There is something to be said for knowing someone in real life. :P

June 27, 2006 at 3:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell's this?

I thought this was the "everbody hates me" group therapy session!

*What? Oh! Twitch*

June 27, 2006 at 3:41 p.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

On a scale of one to manky, my referers today are far, far too manky to be reproduced here. Trust me.

June 27, 2006 at 7:44 p.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

speak for yourself, ducky.

June 28, 2006 at 1:17 p.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

Encouraged? Browbeat is more like it.

June 30, 2006 at 2:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home