Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh, my ears and whiskers

Time, time, time. See what's become of me.
While I looked around for my missing cup of tea...
~with apologies to Simon & Garfunkel

My kitchen is approximately 8' wide by 11' long. In it there are five clocks. Yes. Five. Not on purpose, you understand. It's just that most appliances these days have a clock. And some of them actually need one.
Although I suppose a microwave could function with just a timer.
And why a CD player that has no timer function and is designed for the kitchen, where presumably there is already at least one clock, needs one is a bit of a mystery.
But the coffee maker needs one if you are to program it to turn on in the morning before you get out of bed. Not that I ever do that. That would require getting ready for the morning the night before, which I almost never do, despite having read and heartily agreed with Shari Lewis' declaration that one starts one's day the evening before (by making lunch, laying out an outfit, etc.). And would Lampchop's alter ego lie? I think not.
The oven needs one, if you are to set the timer for the oven. Which I also almost never do, as again, that would require forethought.





And this one? I bought because there has to be a wall clock in the kitchen. Because... because... there's always been one???

6 Comments:

Blogger zoe said...

Do they all tell the same time though?

August 16, 2008 at 7:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say "A man with 2 watches never has the correct time" so with 5 you're realllllly in trouble or do you just average the difference across all 5 timepieces ?

August 16, 2008 at 10:40 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

@ Zoe - They more or less do. Within a few minutes, anyway. I had difficulty with the oven clock due to reflections and by the time I took pics of the others it was a few minutes later.

@ WFerret - No need to average out. See above.

August 16, 2008 at 9:47 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

I'm now wondering if there will ever be egg timers with clocks attached.

If so, you'll have to get one, just because like, ;)

PS. 'tmzct' - The sound of time being stretched across eddies in the space/time continuum.

August 18, 2008 at 12:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything is so new & shiny clean

August 19, 2008 at 3:00 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

@ Misty - I won't either. Where would I put it?

@ dawna - Ah, the magic of photography. Everything is at least a decade old except the microwave. It is a death sentence for a microwave to enter my kitchen. To whit, "Recipe".

August 19, 2008 at 10:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home