Friday, September 05, 2008

You CAN get here from there



Here, for your listening enjoyment, are the last 12 search terms that landed people here. Not as snork-worthy as some, but still amusing.

1. skulking loafer what is - Strange grammar this is. And you can blame Jeff for this result, as he left a comment using the expression "skulking loafer" on a post in October 2006. Which leaves me wondering if Google is some kind of e-cryogenics. Everything we have said on any blog, chat room, comments box, will live frozen in place forever... frightening thought, isn't it?

2. etymology can't get there from here - Well, apparently... it can!


3. audio-voyant - I heard this one was going to show up.

4., 8. & 10. stacey's country jamboree - This is a perennial search engine route to this blog. I mentioned it once. ONCE!!! And why so many people search for this, I.Do.Not.Know.

5. & 6. wrath of dawn - There is a heavy metal group called Dawn of Wrath and also a group called Before the Dawn that performs a song called "Wrath." The link between 'wrath' and 'dawn' is strong, Obi Wan.

7. my spring shoes locations - Honey, if you can't remember where you left your spring shoes, do you really expect the nice people of teh internets to be able to help you? And locations? Plural? What have you been doing, hording them like a squirrel? Beside, I'm lucky if I can remember where I left the shoes I wore yesterday. But if I had to take a guess, I'd say you should look for the left pink flip-flop in the vegetable crisper. You can thank me later.

9. kidividi - The phonetic version of the name of a local lake.

11. site: wrathofdawn.blogspot.com - If you know the URL, why search it? Why not just type in into the address field of your browser and have at it? And by the way, searching the entire URL turns up each and every post you've ever made and nothing else, which might explain, but hellooo? archives...



Also, 70% of people visit here for 5 seconds or less. The discerning visitors no doubt, who know rubbish when they see it.



But here's the shocker. A full 24% visit for over an hour. What's the deal? Even I don't stick around that long. Perhaps they walk away from their computer and forget to close the browser.



That is all. Last one out, turn out the lights please.

Oh. And close your browser. There's a good boy.

4 Comments:

Blogger cala said...

you crack me up on your analysis of the comings & goings of your fans.

I wonder how the flaky RSS feed-watch thingy I've got is showing up on your tracker. Maybe its coming up as site: wrathofdawn.blogspot.com or maybe those are direct links (browser faves).

and the thought of this all being on permanent record gives me an icky sickly feel...

September 5, 2008 at 11:45 a.m.  
Blogger Mr Farty said...

Somebody mentioned a country jamboree? And where's Stacey?

September 5, 2008 at 8:34 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Typical. I come here looking for eggplant maroon loafer spats, and all I find is some waffling about web searches and things.

September 15, 2008 at 12:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"See these hands? These aren't gassy hands!" It is for witty lines like this that people are searching for "Stacey's Country Jamboree". Or maybe it is to watch Jenny (Stacey's wife)have brake shoes thrown at her.

September 19, 2008 at 4:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home