Friday, June 04, 2010

Decorating cents


This chair came from my parents' house. I don't know exactly how old it is, but I can't remember it not being there. When I was a child, it was covered with a striped fabric in burgundy and cream, a fabric I think I would still like. But it got worn and my parents had it re-upholstered in the 70s. (How can you tell?) I thought this floral fabric was hideous then and I haven't really changed my mind.

What do you think? Is this back in fashion or does it need re-covering STAT!?! Answers on a postcard to the usual, etc., etc..

Don't be distracted by the unmatching carpet. That's being torn up soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say reupholster the chair with a fabric in a solid colour or a clean, simple print to echo the smooth lines of the chair. I'm not a fan of 70's floral prints but from your description I would probably have liked the original upholstery, too bad they re=covered it!

June 6, 2010 at 2:47 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

That's what I'm leaning towards.

Not too bad, though... it needed it and would be in utter tatters by now if they hadn't. The fabric would be over 50 years old.

June 6, 2010 at 5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

well, it's YOUR CHAIR now, and you can make it look any way you want. that fabric is never going to be any valuable antique. it's always going to be hideous. so rip it off and cover it with something you really like.

June 6, 2010 at 10:32 p.m.  
Blogger Debster said...

Just install a cat and you wont see the fabric.

June 8, 2010 at 8:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home